Tranquility is the name of this lovely farmstead located within 5 miles from the heart of Harford County and within hiking distance to Rocks State Park. This custom-built Farmhouse-style home is of excellent craftmanship with an unassuming floor plan which is comfortable and practical. Hardwood floors and natural wood trim windows throughout frame the elegance of the natural scenery which surrounds the home. The kitchen was updated in 2015 with stainless steel appliances; stove exhaust hood vented to the outside; granite counters and oak cabinets. The office/family room addition is awash in natural lighting which complements the vaulted ceiling and track lighting. Both the office/family room and living room include a brick-hearth fireplace with glass doors for heating efficiency. The second level bedrooms are of ample size with ceiling fans in each. The HVAC system was updated in 2008. An antique enamel-covered cast-iron Lange (Sweden) super-efficient woodstove is included in the basement amenities plus antique cabinets and shelving. Imagine the pleasure of whiling away the time on the balcony-deck/piazza overlooking the stream and pasture to the south. There are nearly 10 acres of fenced pasture with a lively creek and wooded slope which provide an excellent environment to keep horses and other livestock. The homestead includes a detached 2-car garage, gravel circular driveway and parking area; 3-bay steel machine shed; 40' x 12' horse barn with upper level storage; 12' X 14' run-in shed; 12' X 10' steel pig shed. You can view the upper pasture from the parking lot of the adjacent Gospel Baptist Tabernacle Church. The home is in excellent condition with updated roof (2013); HVAC (2008); Kitchen Appliances (2015) and Laundry Appliance (2018). Come to visit and plan to stay! Shown by appointment, only. See documents for CREP Program Contract and other essential information.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Farmhouse, 2 Story
2 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Well
2,032 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Cable TV, Onsite Telephone
Harford County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Living Room
- Dining Area, Formal
- Eat-In Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Central Vacuum, Dishwasher, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Stacked Washer/Dryer, Electric Dryer, Single Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Stove, Washer, Humidifier, Dryer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet, Terrazzo
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump.
- Full, Entrance Outside, Poured, Unfinished Basement, Walkout, Heated
- Screened, Double Pane, Insulated, Vinyl Frame
- 2. Brick, Mantle, Wood-burning, Wood Stove.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Recessed Lights, Wood Floors, Open Floor Plan, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway, Driveway, Stone Driveway.
- Balcony, Deck, Patio, Porch, Roof Deck
- Metal, Composition, Shingle
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Water, Scenic, Valley, Trees/Woods, Pasture
- Wire, Wood
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Sidewalks, Paddock, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard, Not In Development, Trees. Front Yard, Landscaping, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S), Stream/Creek, Partly Wooded, Backs To Trees, Flood Plain, Level, Non-Tidal Wetland, Open, Rural, Tidal Wetland, Trees/Wooded, Unrestricted, Vegetation Planting.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price